Palm reading, otherwise known as palmistry or chiromancy, is practiced all over the world.
Choose a hand.
- For females, the right hand is what you’re born with, and left is what you’ve accumulated throughout your life.
- For males, it is the other way around.
- (1) The heart line
- (2) The head line
- (3) The life line
- (4) The fate line (only some have this).
- Interpret the heart line.
- Begins below the index finger – content with love life
- Begins below the middle finger – selfish when it comes to love
- Begins in the middle – falls in love easily
- Straight and short – less interest in romance
- Touches life line – heart broken easily
- Long and curvy – freely expresses emotions and feelings
- Straight and parallel to the head line – good handle on emotions
- Wavy – many relationships and lovers, absence of serious relationships
- Circle on the line – sadness or depression
- Broken line – emotional trauma
- Smaller lines crossing through heart line – emotional trauma
- Examine the head line.
- Short line – prefers physical achievements over mental ones
- Curved, sloping line – creativity
- Separated from life line – adventure, enthusiasm for life
- Wavy line – short attention span
- Deep, long line – thinking is clear and focused
- Straight line – thinks realistically
- Donuts or cross in head line – emotional crisis
- Broken head line – inconsistencies in thought
- Multiple crosses through head line – momentous decisions.
Evaluate the life line.
- Runs close to thumb – often tired
- Curvy – plenty of energy
- Long, deep – vitality
- Short and shallow – manipulated by others
- Swoops around in a semicircle – strength and enthusiasm
- Straight and close to the edge of the palm – cautious when it comes to relationships
- Multiple life lines – extra vitality
- Circle in line indicates – hospitalized or injured
- Break – sudden change in lifestyle
Study the fate line.
- Deep line – strongly controlled by fate
- Breaks and changes of direction – prone to many changes in life from external forces
- Starts joined to life line – self-made individual; develops aspirations early on
- Joins with the life line around in the middle – signifies a point at which one’s interests must be surrendered to those of others
- Starts at base of thumb and crosses life line – support offered by family and friends.
Part 2 of 2: Interpreting the Hands, Fingers, etc.
Determine the hand shape.
- Solid values & energy, sometimes stubborn
- Practical & responsible, sometimes materialistic
- Work with their hands, comfortable with the tangible
- Sociable, talkative and witty
- Can be shallow, spiteful and cold
- Comfortable with the mental & the intangible
- Does things in different and radical ways
- Creative, perceptive and sympathetic
- Can be moody, emotional and inhibited
- Do things quietly and intuitively.
- Spontaneous, enthusiastic and optimistic
- Sometimes egoistic, impulsive and insensitive
- Do things boldly and instinctively.
Look at the mounts.
- A high Venus mount indicates a predisposition for hedonism, promiscuity, and the need for instant gratification. A non-existent Venus mount indicates little interest in family matters.
- Jupiter mount means you are dominant, possibly self-centered, and aggressive. A lack of one means you lack confidence.
- Saturn mount shows you’re stubborn, cynical, and prone to depression. If it is low, it’s an indicator of superficiality and disorganization.
- High Sun mount shows quick-tempered, extravagant, and prideful . A low Sun mount means lack imagination.
- The Mercury mount means protruding, you talk too much. A low mount means the opposite — you’re shy.
Examine the hand and finger size.
- This is relative to the body.
- Long fingers may be an indicator of anxiety, in addition to being well-mannered, good looking, and delicate. Short fingers are found on those who are impatient, highly-sexed, and creative.
- Long fingernails, mean you’re kind and a good secret-keeper. Short fingernails mean you’re critical and sarcastic. If they’re almond-shaped, you’re sweet and diplomatic.